36 Like 8 Months Later
Since I started writing in a blog in 2005, I have written about my past year around my birthday. That being said. Life with toddlers takes it out of you. I kept putting it off, and here we are. Closer to 38 than 36, but I'm not one for hard rules. What I want to remember about being 36:
- I started sharing my life and art on Instagram and I'm certain it changed the trajectory of my life at least 5 degrees.
- I really got into principles of Minimalism because I wanted to find more space in my life. Space to spend time with the people I love, and time to do the things I love.
- I used Marie Kondo's method and KonMari'd my house. She said your life would change if you do it. I think that the mindset and clarity of what you want in your life definitely were a factor in my life changing drastically though. So thanks Kon Mari.
- After having a child and returning back to work, I felt kind of blah. I chopped my hair, donated it, and experimented with Capsule Wardrobes to get my style back.
- I had so much fun with my son and husband. There were times I could cry for the fleeting moments of my son's 2nd year. Alternatively, there were times when I wanted to not be responsible for anything and things felt so hard. I wouldn't change a thing, and I never forget how lucky I am to be the mother of that little dude.
Originally written and not finished in 2016.